Monday, February 23, 2009

SOO IRRITATED!!!

Just as a warning...this has to do with giving your self shots...weak stomachs be ware!
As some of you may know, after I had Lennon, I had to be hospitalized for a week. On Halloween night, I went to bed and realized that I couldn't breathe. Matt came in the room and told me that it was probably a pulled muscle and the doctors probably wouldn't do much, which is what I thought too. So, around 11pm that night, I decided that I didn't care if the doctors weren't going to do anything, I was going to the ER. I grabbed my keys and was off. Well, I got to my car door and realized I probably shouldn't drive myself, so I walked to my parents house (one of the many perks living 3 doors down from them) and had my mom take me. We got the the ER and they took me right in and did a CAT scan. The doctor came back and said the pain was due to blood clots in my lungs that were cause by the labor and that I would have to stay in the hospital. I didn't take this too well...I had just gotten Lennon back from her stay due to Jaundice like a week prior. So I cried. A LOT. Unfortunately, tears don't matter to doctors, and I was admitted. Not into a room, they just moved me from one section of the ER to the next till a room up stair was available (it took about 9 hours, but that is not what this is about). So, since October 31, 2008, I have been on blood thinning pills and self giving 2 injections of a blood thinner a day. Fun, right. My blood is still too thick, so I am still on the injections. I will probably have to stay on the pills for the rest of my life my current doctor has told me (which by the way, not too many 25 year old are on blood thinners, actually non at the office I go to...it is all OLD, and I mean like 75-80 year old). I give myself this shot once in the morning and once in the evening, in the stomach (it has the most fatty tissue)...and today I talked with my doctor to let her know that in the past, the injection site bruises really bad, like a 2" circumference around the injection, but it doesn't hurt...but now, I get a tiny bruise around the injection site and it hurts all day long! Hurts bad! She tells me to talk to the Lab people about it, they might have a suggestion. Since I go to the lab daily (to get blood drawn to check my levels, which might I add, if I were to ever get pulled over and the officer see my arms, I am done for...I look like a junkie!), I asked the guy. Know what his response was..."We draw out, not inject in, maybe you should ask you doctor". Well, that did make sense, but I am so frustrated about this! Ugh. Don't worry...no pictures of any needles or anything...I figured if I don't want to see it, I won't make you!

No comments:

Post a Comment