Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Matt...




I don't know why, maybe it is because the wedding is so close, but lately I have been thinking about how much I really love Matt. We have been together for almost 8 years. It has had its ups and downs, but at the end of the day, we are always together. He is by far the best chance I have ever taken. I love him more than I thought was ever possible...and although he is going to get pissy about this, here are some reasons why I am lucky to spend the rest of my life with Matt.

-He loves with his whole heart.
-He is an unbelievable dad...from day one, which surprised me because I have never seen him hold a baby less than 6 months old.
-When he falls asleep at night, he snaps his toes(like he is snapping his fingers). It used to annoy me, now I find myself listening for it.
-He gets a kick out of correcting my grammar.
-He puts me and Lennon first.
-He is an awesome BBQ-er.
-He is still a kid at heart...the smallest things makes him happy.
-He wants nothing more to see a smile on my face each and every day.

There are so many more reasons why I love Matt. Even the things he does that annoy me (like leaving the cabinet doors open, one day I am going to have to go get stitches from running into one!), but they are all a part of him. There is not one thing that I would change about Matt...he is the best friend, dad, and soon to be husband anyone could ever ask for! I love you Boo!

2 comments:

  1. OHHHHH! SO SWEET...I got a little emotional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you just write your vows?? I think so although I would have waited until the big day to reveal them. Hey I better hear that part about the toes in a couple weeks or I am going to very disappointed. lol see you Saturday

    ReplyDelete