Monday, February 23, 2009

ATTENTION DO IT YOURSELFER'S...




So, Matt and I had this great idea to cut cost on wedding invitation. Instead of buying them, we would buy a kit to make them ourselves. We spent about an hour and a half trying to figure out the font and spacing that we liked the best. We ended up agreeing on a design and printed them all out that night. The next morning I had planned to put the response cards in their addressed and stamped envelopes, and tie all the ribbons on the invitations, stuff the invites and response cards into their addressed and stamped envelope, and then seal them( just a note: if you ever need to seal 100+ envelopes, using a moist sponge is an awesome idea, as long as it doesn't have the scrubbers on the back...another lesson I learned during this ordeal!) I was so excited when I was finished. I left Matt's dad's invitation on the counter at his house, and was off the the post office to get them sent. I was the next person in line to drop off a grocery bag full of invitations when Matt called. He let me know that his dad had just called him to let us know that we had printed: Saturday, March 22, 2009. Well, our wedding is on Sunday, March 22! Yeah...over an hour of looking at the invites and neither one of us noticed! So, we decided to try to steam open each envelope (which worked, and saved us the 42 cents per invite!), and see if we could buy another box of invites so we could still use the response cards. My mom and I looked at different stores to see if we could find them...no where! So, we ended up buying new invites and responses, reprinting them and gluing the envelope closed! So, let this be a lesson...have someone other than the people working on the project check your work before you are done! The good news is that I am an expert on doing your own invitations...so let me know if you ever need help!

No comments:

Post a Comment