Friday, March 27, 2009

The Wedding...Part 1

I have come to realize that the wedding blog is going to have to consist of multiple postings...so here is the first.
We started all the wedding "stuff" back in May of last year. I had delivered cakes to the Lake Natoma Inn in Folsom before and loved it. Especially this one room called the Pavilion. My mom, bff Carly and I went to scope it all out one day...and they loved it too. A few weeks later the whole fam-damily went to look. Unfortunately, Matt didn't have the love for the Pavilion like I did (he said it was too small...and he was right) but we really liked the Sierra Ballroom. We booked it that day and that is how we got the location. My mom, aunts and I happened to come across these cool little candle holders at Pier One on their clearance stand, and bought all 67 of them (even though we ended up using only 54 of them!). I wanted to find hot pink candles for them, and came across them in 6 packs at the Dollar Tree one day (go figure, right? I looked EVERYWHERE for them!). Matt and I wanted to incorporate music some how, and he found a site that would personalize guitar picks with our names and dates on them to sprinkle on the tables...and that is how we decorated the tables. Going along with our music theme, we decided to get an acoustic guitar to have everyone sign instead of a guest book. The bridesmaids where left to pick whatever dress they wanted, as long as it was black, the flower girl decided she wanted a hot pink dress, and the guys were left to go into Mens Warehouse Tux to get their tuxs...and that was the extend of planning...so on the the BIG DAY!
SATURDAY, MARCH 21...
I loaded up all of our stuff...and it was a lot more than I had thought, and went off to meet our bridal party at the Lake Natoma Inn for a rehearsal. Everything went really smoothly...although I was worried because Matt had 7 groomsmen and I had 4 bridesmaids...I didn't think it would work...but it looked fine. We unloaded the car and were off to Plaza del Sol (yummy!) for our rehearsal dinner. After dinner, my maid of honor Carly and I went back to the hotel, we were staying the night there, and were going to set up the decorations in the room. After we were done, we meet up with Matt and Almeida and got some Jack in the Box, then went to our room to go to bed.
SUNDAY, MARCH 22...
I woke up at like 3:00am with really bad indigestion (or so I thought...read the Oh the Drama post to find out what really happened!)...so I went to the Wal Mart and got some Tums and went back to bed. Carly and I woke up around 8:30am, and I felt a lot better, so we got ready to go get our make up down at the MAC counter in Macys. 2 of my other bridesmaids, Nikki and Shannon, and my flower girl Karlee met us there...all of us got our make up done (and some eyelashes!)...except Karlee, and we looked AMAZING if I do say so myself! We all went back to the hotel to get ready. Around 4:30, all the guys and girls got lined up for the ceremony...it went by really fast and the lady that performed wasn't that great. Actually she was bad! I didn't get a chance to say my vows, she stumbled over almost every word and I had to remind her to introduce us! But it gives us something to remember. We took some pictures and then went into the reception...mingled, ate and danced. It was so much fun, and I truly enjoyed every minute...even when Matt lost his balance and feel in the parking lot! I am so happy to be Mrs. Leddy!! Here are some pictures of the events....there will be more to follow!

Getting ready in our room.

Our room all decorated.

The tables.
The cake.

The brial party.

The girls.

The guys.
Our ring bearer, Brendan making faces at himself.
Lennon and my mom.
Me walking down the aisle with my dad.
The prettiest flower girls...Karlee and Lennon.

Me and Matt.
Our first dance.
Our "guest guitar".
My brother, Danny and I...all emotional!
Me and Matt after his fall...it looks worse than it is!
XoXoXoXoXoXoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment